Australian Dental Council
International Dental Graduates seeking general registration with the Australian Dental council can apply through the standard pathway. To qualify for limited registration, graduates must pass the Initial assessment of documents, ADC written and practical examinations, and a language proficiency exam (IELTS).
Dentists need to have a university dental degree or diploma obtained after at least four years full-time academic study at an acknowledged university, and they must have held full and unrestricted registration/licensure in their home country or country of training, and there has been no withdrawal of registration
Fees for the Initial assessment of documents is $610 AUD
ADC Written Examination
The written exam is mainly designed to assess the dental practitioner’s knowledge and clinical judgment, the test is in the form of MCQ questions consisting of booth single best answer questions and scenario questions, and the exam is in the form of 4 papers with the contents of each paper as the following:
• Paper 1: Tooth Conservation, Dental Caries, Endodontic, Dental Pulp, Dental materials
• Paper 2: Fixed Prosthodontics, Removable Prosthodontics, Implantology
• Paper 3: Anesthesia and Resuscitation, Infection Control, Medicine and Surgery Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics
• Paper 4: Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics, Preventive Dentistry, Public Dental Health, Radiology.
The exam is held in many countries unfortunately Egypt is not one of them at the moment:
• New Zealand
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
• Sri Lanka
The fees are $2000 AUD.
There is no limit for the number of attempts, but after passing the exam it will be valid for 3 years
It’s a 2 days exam, mainly designed to assess the candidates’ clinical skills and judgment in a simulated clinical environment
All Public Sector Dental Workforce Scheme candidates will be required to sit the Transitional Written Examination, which will be held on the Friday immediately before the weekend Practical Examination
The exam itself will consist of 12 tasks from the following:
• Class II amalgam or composite preparation
• Class II amalgam restoration (on a pre-prepared tooth)
• Class II resin composite restoration (on a pre-prepared tooth)
• Class III resin composite preparation
• Class IV resin composite restoration
• Full gold crown preparation
• Metal-ceramic (porcelain fused to metal) crown preparation
• Fabricate a provisional crown restoration for a pre-prepared metal-ceramic (porcelain fused to metal) crown preparation
• Endodontic access on molar tooth
• Take nominated radiographs on a manikin
• Rubber dam application
• Clinical communication.
• Dental record keeping
Infection control will be assessed throw the tasks
The fees are $4500 AUD.
For more details about our ADC prep. Courses , please ADC Course .
To Watch More Videos Visit Our Videos Gallery